Today is Good Friday, and all across the world people stop to recognize the death of Christ. Here are some of the things I've come to expect around Easter:
- Every news channel will become "religiously sensitive"
- The Discovery/History/Etc. Channel will have a "Who is the real Jesus" documentary
- Families will dress their kids up in cute outfits and hope for adorable family photos
- Some Religious people will become arrogantly religious and zealous
- Some Non-Religious people will pay respects
For me, Easter is the "hinge" in my year. I use it to mark where I'm at with God, reflect on the ways He has changed me in the last year, and re-prioritize my life so that respond to what Jesus accomplished on the cross. It's an internal thing that I hope has external ramifications.
I really don't want people to get preachy, but how do you approach Good Friday & Easter? Who is Christ to you? I don't really care what you think, I want to know what you've experienced. Thoughts?